No one likes a black hole of information where you have no visibility. When you have information passing between two systems and not being able to see whether it's working and operating on trust isn't always the best way to find and resolve issues when they do arise.
That is why we built the Error Logs!
We want you to feel empowered with the right tools to monitor the performance of your virtual agents within your CRM and debug issues on your own.
What are Error Logs?
The error logs give you a centralized area to review any issues related to the following scenarios. You can find it by going to Settings > CRM Settings > Error Logs
What can you expect:
- Actions - Display actionable details on failed fired actions within a log for empowered troubleshooting.
Note - The Error Logs currently supports the actions of
Update Ticket Info,
Add Internal Note,
Get Ticket Tag,
Get Ticket Info,
Get Organization Info.
- Zendesk Support actions - more actions will be added soon.
We have created the monitoring tool to give you as much actionable information as possible as we want you to know what this actual issue is and how to fix it rather than just saying something is wrong and being lost on the next steps to resolution.
In the table you have the following fields:
|Timestamp||This is the time the error was triggered|
|Details||This informs you which error type has occurred with information on which field, ID, or structure was impacted. Find out more about error types below|
|Type||This informs what kind of error has occurred such as a failed action|
|Conversation ID||Which conversation did this occur in? This is clickable and will take you to the conversation logs to aid in troubleshooting|
|ZD Ticket ID||The ID number from the CRM to identify the conversation on their side|
|Recommended Action||Advises on the next step to resolve the issue so it doesn't occur again|
The types of errors you will see will be on the following issues:
- The data type that was expected, such as string or boolean was not received. Check the data type and make the appropriate adjustment.
- The Conversation or User field doesn't exist.
- A mandatory or dependent field was not completed
- The API call failed, so something went wrong with the connection between the two systems. For this, you will need to contact Ultimate Support for us to investigate further details.
- If there is an error in one of the groups of actions on a ticket, it can be that other actions that run at the same time can also fail.