There are two main phases for building a custom integration with your ultimate.ai bot:
ℹ️ Note: We recommend working on only one custom integration at a time
This is the preparation phase to gather information needed from you and your team prior to the onboarding bootcamp. We have prepared a questionnaire and a checklist for you and the team to go through.
This phase consists of three steps:
- Fill out the questionnaire below with the Custom Integration Engineer in your project team and send the answers back to your Delivery Manager or Account Executive.
- Pass the integration technical requirements to the Custom Integration Engineer
- Go through the features in the reading list with the team and your Solution Architect.
- What would be the API use-case? What data are we retrieving?
- Is there documentation about the API? (If yes, please provide it)
- Is API already used in production?
- Who will be the technical point of contact?
- Is the API searchable by data a typical customer can provide?
Once your Delivery Manager has received the second questionnaire from you, she will set up a 45-minute use case mapping meeting to discuss how the integration will look like at a high level.
Integration technical requirements
Available in another article here.
These are a list of features needed to successfully create a robust Custom Integration. Please review with your team prior to Phase Two:
This phase consists of a minimum of two meetings: Use case mapping meeting at the beginning and API integration handover meeting before launch.
Use case mapping meeting
- A 45-minute meeting to map out use cases to API responses and discuss how the integration will look like at a high level.
- Meeting goal: Reach a general agreement to how the API integration will behave in a conversation
- Bot Builders - provides the customer insights, how they currently resolve the use case
- Custom Integration Engineer - provides the API response data/schema
- ultimate.ai Delivery Manager - assists with designing the use case
- ultimate.ai Customer Engineer - assists with designing the integration
API integration handover meeting
- Meeting goal: Bot Builders are comfortable building a dialogue using the API integration
- A 30-minute meeting with your Delivery Manager to discuss the topics below:
- How to use the API integration within a dialogue
- What are the input parameters
- Possible response scenarios
- How to parse the parameters returned from the API integration