Assignee ID and Group ID can be used to save time assigning tickets manually. This article covers where to locate these three IDs in Zendesk Support.
An Assignee Id is the unique agent ID in Zendesk Support that is automatically created by Zendesk when an account is created.
To find this ID, go to the agent's profile following the steps below:
- In Zendesk Support, go to Admin Center > People > Team members
- Search for the agent you want the tickets to be assigned to and click their name
- The assignee ID can be found in the URL.
For more details, have a look at Zendesk's article on how to locate an agent ID in Support.
A group ID is the unique agent ID in Zendesk Support that is automatically created by Zendesk when a group is created.
To find this ID, go to the group's ticket view following the steps below:
- In Zendesk, go to Admin Center > People, then select groups
- Click the name of the group you would like the tickets to be assigned or Chat to be escalated to
- Click Tickets
- Zendesk will open a new page showing the list of tickets within that group. You'll find the group ID in the search field
For more details, have a look at Zendesk's article on how to retrieve the group ID in Support.
A Field ID is a unique ID automatically created by Zendesk for the fields in your ticket.
To find this ID, follow the steps below:
- In Zendesk Support, go to Admin Center > Ticket fields
- You'll see a list of ticket fields. The ones without the label system field are the custom fields of your tickets. For the purpose of updating ticket info of custom ticket fields, you need the IDs of the custom ticket fields you'd like to update.
|❗ Zendesk Support has System ticket fields and Custom ticket fields. Read more about them here. Here's a separate article on adding custom fields to your tickets.|