Before you start
To import data from Zendesk Support:
- Authorize Zendesk Support in Dashboard
- Once it's authorized, scroll down to Import Conversations and click Import Conversations under Zendesk Support.
Note - The import rate limit is dependent on your Zendesk Support Plan type - you can find more information on rate limits here
- A drawer will pop out from the right. Here you can specify any parameters:
- Timeframe: Specify the timeframe of the conversations you wish to import (No more than one month!)
- Tag: Import conversations that have this tag
- Channels to import from: Select the channel(s) from which you would like to import conversations
- Depth of threads to import: By default, we will import the first 2 exchanges of a conversation thread, if you would like more please enter the number of threads you would like to import per conversation
- Import Tags: Check the box if you wish to import existing Zendesk tags with the conversations (the tag will appear as labels in Conversation Logs)
- Group: Import conversations assigned to the group(s).
- When entering more than one group, separate them by comma
- Make sure the names match as how they appear in Zendesk Support
- Select Import Only
- Click Import and give it 10-20 minutes to import
- Go to Conversation Logs to check the imported data.
- Once you have confirmed that all the data you want to import is in Conversation Logs, you can import more if it's necessary.
- Unauthorize Zendesk Support in the Dashboard to make sure there is no future confusion for the bot launch.