- Admin access to the virtual agent in the Ultimate Dashboard
- Zendesk subscription
- Zendesk Agent Workspace
- A Sunshine Conversations license
Step 1: Create an API Key
In the Zendesk Admin Center, go to Apps and integrations > APIs > Conversations API
If you do not see this, contact Zendesk to add this to your configuration, or you may have access to the smooch dashboard, in which case follow the instructions here.
- Create a new API key for the Ultimate bot
- Give your API key a name
- A page will be displayed with and copy the App ID, Key ID, and Secret - save these
Step 2: Configure Group Integration Parameters in the Ultimate Dashboard
You'll need to add Sunshine Conversations as the CRM integration first before configuring integration parameters for authorization.
Note: We have added Sunshine Group routing. It's a new feature that allows routing to different virtual agents in our Dashboard in order to accommodate different customer inquiries in different channels.
Therefore we recommend using this for all our customers using Zendesk Messaging and Sunshine Conversations even if you have only one virtual agent at the moment.To add Sunshine Conversations as the CRM integration:
- Go to Settings > CRM Integration
- Click Add CRM Integration
- Select Sunshine Group > Create Group
- For the field Transfer group, enter the group ID of the agent group in Zendesk. Click here to find out how to locate the group ID.
- Avatar URL is an image that can be used as a profile image for your avatar within the chat area. The SunCo API behind the feature is the postMessage endpoint. As stated by the documentation, the avatarUrl must be in either JPG, PNG, or GIF format.Note - this is only visible on Sunshine conversations currently and is not shown in Zendesk.
To configure group integration parameters:
- In Settings > CRM Integration
- Click Group Integration Parameters. A new page will open.
- Obtain the information on this page from the app created in Step 1 in Sunshine Conversations. The information here is needed to authorize the connection between Ultimate and Sunshine.
To obtain group integration parameters from Sunshine Conversations:
Click the app created in Step 1 and go to Settings
Copy the following app parameters to enter in Ultimate's Dashboard:
- App ID
Note - Click Create new API key if you don't see any
- Click Save.
Step 3: Authorize connection between Ultimate and Sunshine
This step is only needed if you use Sunshine Conversations with Zendesk. If you use other platforms other than Zendesk, skip this step and contact us.
- Keep the Ultimate Dashboard as is
- Open and log in to Sunshine Conversations in a different tab
In the Ultimate Dashboard, under Authorization, click Authorize Sunshine Conversations
A new page will open
If prompted, enter your Zendesk subdomain and sign in with your Zendesk account.
If authorizing via the smooch dashboard select the app created in Step 1
This is complete when you see the button in the Ultimate Dashboard changes to Unauthorize Sunshine Conversations