Step 1: Select LiveChat as the integration platform
- Login to Ultimate's Dashboard and select your bot
- Go to Settings > CRM Integration > click Add Integration
- Select LiveChat from the drop-down
Step 2: Authorize LiveChat
Once LiveChat has been added to as your CRM integration platform, you will need to authorize a connection between Ultimate and LiveChat. By approving the authorization a chatbot object/account will be created on behalf of the Ultimate virtual agent - the chatbot account will have the same name as your bot account in Ultimate.
- Under Authorization, click Authorize
- Click Allow when prompted
- The button should say Unauthorize when done
If already logged into LiveChat (https://my.livechatinc.com/home), a new window will briefly appear in the browser
If not already logged into LiveChat, make sure to log in using credentials of an Admin user
Step 3: Enable Automation Engine
Enable the Automation Engine by switching the toggle. After this is done, you will see your new Virtual Agent in Agents > Chatbots in LiveChat - which means, you will not need to purchase a license or seat for your virtual agent.
Step 4: Select transfer group
- Under Automation Integration Settings, click Integration Parameters
- In the drawer under Connection Settings, select the relevant Transfer Group from the drop-down
- Transfer Group is the department where the bot escalate conversations to
Step 5: Create a bot group and add the virtual agent
To create a bot group for the Virtual Agent:
- In LiveChat, go to Agents > Groups, then click Add new group.
- Add the chatbot automatically generated by Live Chat (the name would be the same as in Ultimate's Dashboard) there as the primary member
- Under Agents > Chatbots, ensure your bot is online
- Within Ultimate > Settings > CRM Integration > Integration Parameters select the human group you would like to escalate to and this newly created group for the virtual agent should be selected from the member of groups dropdown list.
|Agent Escalation Group||Select the human group you would like to escalate to|
|Member of groups||Select the group that you chatbot/virtual agent belongs to|
⚠️ Your virtual agent, the bot, can NOT be in the same group as the human agents. The exception is the General Group, where every agent both human and bot are listed.
Step 6: Set the routing rules within LiveChat
- Go to Settings > Chat Settings > Routing Rules (or https://my.livechatinc.
- Check if there are any existing rules that are directing the traffic to the human group
- If yes: update this rule to send traffic to the new bot group
- If no: add a new rule (see picture below as an example) that routes to the bot group first
Locale based Routing
Step 7: Test the bot
To test the bot, LiveChat has a chat page that can be used immediately. To access it,
- In LiveChat, go to Settings > Channels > Chat page
- Next to Setup for group, select the bot group created
- You will see a link under Your chat page link
- Open that link in a new tab and chat to your bot