Step 1: Select LiveChat as the integration platform
- Login to ultimate.ai's Dashboard and select your bot
- Go to Settings > CRM Integration > Add Integration, and click Add Integration
- Select LiveChat from the drop-down
Step 2: Authorize LiveChat
Once LiveChat has been added to as your CRM integration platform,
- Under Authorization, click Authorize
- Click Allow when prompted
- The button should say Unauthorize when done
If already logged into LiveChat (https://my.livechatinc.com/home). a new window will briefly appear in the browser
If not already logged into LiveChat, make sure to login using credentials of an Admin user
Step 3: Enable Automation Engine
Enable the Automation Engine by switching the toggle. This will create a chatbot in Agents > Chatbots in LiveChat - which means, you will not need to purchase a license or seat for your bot.
Step 4: Select transfer group
- Under Automation Integration Settings, click Integration Parameters
- In the drawer under Connection Settings, select the relevant transfer group from the drop-down
- Transfer Group is the department where the bot escalate conversations to
|⚠️ Your virtual agent, the bot, can NOT be in the same group as the human agents.|
Step 5: Create a bot group and add the bot
To create a bot group for the chat bot:
- In LiveChat, go to Agents > Groups, then click Add new group.
- Add the chat bot automatically generated by Live Chat (the name would be the same as in ultimate.ai's Dashboard) there as the primary member
Step 6: Test the bot
To test the bot, LIveChat has a chat page that can be used immediately. To access it,
- In LiveChat, go to Settings > Channels > Chat page
- Next to Setup for group, select the bot group created
- You will see a link under Your chat page link
- Open that link in a new tab and chat to your bot
The Bot will be added automatically to the default General Group where all conversations should be routed
When editing the generated bot user - define “All chats go to the bot first”
Configure a separate group where the human agents are and select this as the transfer group
Multiple bots for different languages
Bots of different languages will create separate chat bots during the connection process in Step 3. e.g. EN bot, FR bot. No new seats or licenses are needed for chatbots.
Each bot needs its own group. e.g. EN bot group, FR bot group.
Have a group per language for human agents. e.g. EN Agents , FR Agents.